Using Weebly to build your massage business website is probably the easiest way to build a website. It is a very simple, drag and drop system. You choose your basic templates and start designing.
To start with, just play with everything for awhile. You can’t do anything wrong really. It will take a bit to get you the exact design and layout you want and to figure out how to use it.
The templates are so much better than WordPress I think and are easier to use. You have to usually work to customize a WordPress template and for that you need to know programming to get the text the right size and color.
- Start Your Weebly website. Use the free option to start with. You will need the paid option, but play with it first to see if it is doable for you. With Weebly now, when you click on add site, you can choose to start a blog or a website or a store. I can’t find anything on the difference between choosing setting up a blog or a website and it seems like you can add a blog to a website so start with choosing the option to create a website. A blog will post articles and list the date on them and will order the posts by the date. A static website will let you create pages and create a flow for the website to lead readers on a path of information to build trust with them. You can also do that on a blog, but I think it is just easier on a static website.
- Choose a domain: for now just use a weebly domain. I would use the words massageyourcity.weebly.com for now until you decide you want to go this way.
- The next step will let you start creating your site or it also has the option to PLAN your website. You can play with that if you want. It will help give you some direction.
- Start with creating your three main core pages: The Home page, the about you page and the services/prices page. Play with the page building options to learn the system.
- After you feel more comfortable just using the system, start learning search engine optimization (SEO). SEO is everything that you do on your site and on the internet to get search engine to find your website. I think it helps to have a basic understanding of how search works. Basically search engines crawl the internet by following LINKS! That is how they get from one server to the next – links. You have to have your pages link to each other.
- You also have to create pages using Metatags. Here is some info from Weebly on improving your search rankings. To get more help in setting up your metatags and also to learn how to check to see if your metatags are working
- Submit Your site to Google. You have to tell them that your site is out there! Here is the Weebly help on that to submit and verify your site.
- You will want to do the same with Bing and Bing Webmasters.
- Weebly stats can help you to track your results.
- In order to get more traffic to your website, you will need to add more content and also get other sites to link to Your site. I recommend writing 30 pages and keep going until you get the results (Most of your clients!) you want.