www.massagepracticebuilder.com has been my personal project since 2002. I have been providing my insights into starting and running a business. It is time to take this to the next level which to me means providing information that is lacking in the profession. My plan is to create a membership site for massage therapists to help move the profession forward , creating more sole proprietor massage businesses, more clinical massage businesses, more hospital based massage programs and more support for doing so.
Authors/Developers will write articles, ebooks and create webinars and develop other products such as software/apps for this membership site on any/all of the following topics:
- Starting and running a massage business including clinical massage and spa massage therapies for sole proprietor (one person operations) and hiring employees.
- Health Care Integration to inform massage therapists about working as a heath care provider. To help states get recognized as health care providers and all that goes with that. Includes working to get massage covered by health insurance, teaching massage therapists how to bill and get paid. Includes looking into creating advanced credentials requiring more education to work in hospitals, hospice and in clinical/medical massage.
- Ethics which is the heart and soul of a massage therapy business and the future of the massage profession.
- Illegal Massage therapy. Working to inform and educate communities on the issues of illegal massage (prostitution that uses massage as a front), human trafficking issues and what can be done about these issues at the community level.
- Hospital Based Massage. Provide information on how to start and run a hospital based program which also includes working on getting massage therapy covered by health insurance. Create a network for sharing and support to advance this sector of the profession.
- Research and Evidence Based Practice. Interpret and educate massage therapists about research enough so that they can use research in building a massage business and to educate and inform the medical profession and insurance profession about massage therapy.
- Media Outreach. Create flyers, rack cards, scripts for TV and radio ads for local promotions.
- Supervision/Peer Groups/Local community groups for support, consultations, and grassroots movements in the legislative arena, media outreach, public education about massage therapy.
Authors/Developers will be paid through affiliate commissions when people sign up for the membership through this site. Each writer will have their own affiliate link and will be paid through the affiliate software www.clickbank.com. The link can be used on the site in their own articles and in their author profile and author box and also on their own social media sites or own websites. A 50% commission will be paid when people join the association through each authors separate links. The affiliates will be paid through the affiliate tracking software which is currently being researched. (Clickbank.com or 1shoppingcart.com)
Each author/developer will also be able to include:
- Links to their own products or services such as coaching, supervision, business consulting.
- Their own links to other affiliate programs that they belong to such as amazon.com to write reviews of books/products or other websites with products/programs that have affiliate programs.
Authors/creators can also use the affiliate link to this site/association on their own website/social media sites to promote themselves and this site/organization.
Each author will write their own free articles for marketing for this website and will also write members only content.
Each author will start with 5 free articles on the free part of the website to develop a following. They can be changed at any time. Each article must be original material and not posted anywhere else on the internet.
Each author/creator will also be invited to join a private/closed Facebook group and be invited to Video/phone meetings to help writers come up with ideas and implement them.
Authors/Developers are being asked on a one by one basis to join this adventure, but you may also apply to write/develop and be a part of this.
Authors/Developers will agree to a 3 month trial basis where we will evaluate the effectiveness of this and outline the next steps in the development of this project.
Stage Two: After 3 and 6 months, we will re-evaluate the affiliate payment system to see if it is working for all.
- Create this membership site with help from key leaders in the massage therapy profession.
- Teach people in each state how to start and run their own State massage therapy association and develop local networking/peer groups/advocacy groups in cities, counties and local areas.
- Create a National Association of massage therapy associations to support the state associations and help start state associations.