Creating your business framework for your massage business is the third pillar in my Massage Practice Builder Group. The framework of your business is based on your values and your vision for your career. Creating the framework is an important part of having a solid support system for you to build your business on. It will help you to create a more solid business- one that will hopefully last you for many, many years. Without it, your business will be challenged and your chances for burnout increase significantly.
The massage business framework consists of knowing yourself and your needs and creating a massage business on that basis. When you do that you are actually building your own self esteem and self confidence. It consists of some of these concepts:
- Creating your vision of your “Ideal Massage Client“
- Learning about the therapeutic relationship and it’s importance in creating boundaries.
- Setting the boundaries to support you in taking the steps in your career.
- Learning to enforce your boundaries in ways that support you. (It is a process!)
- Understanding the influences of transference and counter-transference.
These are just some of the pieces that make up the framework of a massage business. The other main part is YOU! and what you value!